Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weekly Shopping List June 21 and Shopping Report

 

This shopping trip came quickly this week due to the fact that I didn’t go shopping last week until mid-week.  I am still trying to take advantage of all the freezer cooking that I stored, and spend as little as possible.  I am working on spending less than $80 a week…and hopefully saving the $20 a week that I have been spending to pay for the times I go to Sam’s every 3-ish months.  If I can do that, then I have saved us and extra $200-$300 every 3-4 months in grocery money!!  That would be awesome!!!

Here’s my list this week:

  • Dry Pinto Beans
  • Avacados (2)
  • Potatoes
  • Tomato
  • Broccoli
  • Yogurt
  • Eggs
  • Fritos
  • Toothpaste for N
  • Huggies
  • Bananas
  • Tuna
  • Poptarts
  • Granola
  • Coffee
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Cheetos

Let me give you a back story on some of these items.  I go shopping every Sunday, traditionally.  This has been happening since I started staying home (about a year now).  My husband knows this is when I go.  My list was actually shorter this week.  The highlighted items are those that I was told to go get later in the week.  Needless to say, the second trip cost half as much as the first trip!! I was shocked and glad that I had saved so much money this week on my initial trip.

The extra items I ended up getting that were not on the list were:

  • Coffeemate
  • Kids Toothbrushes
  • Cereal

Then, of course—I had to go get milk yesterday.

  • Milk
  • Lactaid

 

That’s not bad..normally I get at least 5-6 items that are not on the list. 

 

Here’s the damage:

First Trip:  $40.96

Second Trip:  $18.61

Third Trip:  $8.50 ( lost my receipt, so this is an estimate)

Total:  $68.07

Not bad for a family of 4 that spent over a $100 a week just a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: