Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shopping Report: How’d I do this week?

If you read my list before, you will notice that a lot changed.  I spent more money than I intended, but I did not go over budget for the week…actually I was/am still a little under budget by about $30! 

I added these items to my list: 

  • dishwasher detergent ($3.42)
  • Flour ($1.88)
  • Bread flour ($2.28)
  • Zyrtec-generic ($17.97)
  • Zyrtec-generic for kids ($7.83)
  • Cold Medicine for kids ($2.96)
  • Tootsie Rolls ($1.97)
  • Eggs ($1.84)
  • Cherries—instead of apples--($5.91)
  • Yogurt ($2.98)
  • Juice ($1.87)
  • Coke (2@ $1.50)

Oh, and I also bought 2 father’s day cards, but those come out of the Father’s day budget.

You can see that the meds really hit me hard.  This always happens…either it is medicine or toilet paper or diapers or wipes.  I’ll be so glad when my youngest is out of diapers…I will save so much money!!

Anyway, my total came to:  $68.70 when you exclude the Father’s Day Cards.  Not bad!!  I obviously could have done better.  The boys didn’t need more tootsie rolls…I stocked up on flour and bread flour because I’m almost out of both.  The good news is that I postponed actually going to the store for almost 3 days, so I probably won’t need to buy eggs or yogurt or coke next week!!

 

Oh, shoot!---  I forgot my frozen broccoli.  Shucks!  I guess we will do without this week and just have chicken, rice and cheese casserole---I’ll serve salad on the side. ;)

No comments: